The site is predominantly hard paved areas of footpaths and a carpark to the main entrance, with margins of mown grass, evergreen shrubs, and some mature trees. There is little in the way of ecology or biodiversity, and no SuDS strategy.
In collaboration with Price & Myers the following SuDS Components were developed for the scheme:
• No.5 Communal Rain Gardens
• SuDSTree Pit within Hard Landscape.
• Exceedance and Flow Paths to Soft Landscape
• Permeable Paving (vehicular and pedestrian)
• No.15 Roof RWP Bioretention Planters
• No.15 Roof RWP Water Butts (300L units)
• No.15 Green Roofs on Refuse Stores
• No.15 Green Roofs on Cycle Stores.
The tables shown below were produced
using the Pathfinder calculator by Climate Positive Design.
The study shows that, with a considered approach, the proposed development can achieve
climate-positive status within 35 years.